Masliah & Soloway, Immigration Attorneys Who Founded Immigration Equality & The DOMA Project, Offer Free Consultations to Binational Couples Impacted By DOMA


Following the Supreme Court ruling striking down DOMA, the founders of The DOMA Project, the law firm of Masliah & Soloway, will be offering free consultations to all binational couples impacted by DOMA who seek counsel or representation.

We ask every couple contacting us in connection with this offer to use the following dedicated e-mail address [email protected] to schedule an initial legal consultation. (We will respond to all requests by email within 48 hours, so please do not email us more than once unless you have not heard back from us by the third business day after you sent your request.) We will offer consultations 7 days a week, by phone, Skype and in person.

This offer is extended to all binational couples regardless of your location. All consultations are confidential, protected by attorney-client privilege. This offer is not part of The DOMA Project, which is our pro bono advocacy and public education campaign, but rather it is an extension of our law firm’s commitment to providing assistance to the LGBT families addressing immigration issues post-DOMA.

Consultations will be available to couples worldwide: we will offer flexible hours so that we can meet the needs of those in all time zones. We will ask everyone who contacts us for a consultation to please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support the work of The DOMA Project.

We will do our best to accommodate every couple needing assistance as quickly as possible. All emails will receive a response within 24 hours. (Please note that our law firm offers sliding scale, low cost legal services for individuals experiencing financial hardship, and extended payment plans for individuals with limited income.) We look forward to speaking with you in the coming days and weeks.

- Lavi Soloway, Masliah & Soloway


  • Miguel Yopolo

    Good Morning!
    My name is Miguel Yopolo, living in Birmingham ALABAMA, with my partner, who is american citizen. Now we know, that he can sponsor me as his husband, for immigration purposes, but the problem is Alabama does not recognize gay marriage. Our questions is:
    How he can sponsor me if we can not get marry here? Does the immigration department has some Forms for binational couples, who don’t live on states, that doesn’t recognize equality marriage?
    Thanks for your help.
    Miguel Yopolo

    July 2, 2013

Leave a comment


Email(will not be published)*


Your comment*

Submit Comment

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

© The DOMA Project

Attorney advertising

This is a pro-bono project of the law firm of Masliah & Soloway, PC. Posts on this website are offered for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. The law firm of Masliah & Soloway, PC has offices in New York and Los Angeles. Our practice is limited to U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law.